As society keeps on changing and the population keeps on booming globally, the culture of doing things has also changed drastically. Technology has impacted the day-to-day activities of people around the world. One such change is the way we send and receive money.
Several apps have been invented and developed to aid in the sending and receiving of money. In the USA and its territories, one such app developed to enhance this transaction is Venmo. Apart from its being seen as a peer-to-peer payment app, its social communication features cannot be doubted.
However, users might enjoy deleting Venmo friends from time to time for several reasons. They will either no longer want to receive notifications from certain contacts due to fraudulent activities or from old acquaintances and strangers who no longer exist. This knowledgeable article will walk you through the process to follow to delete Venmo friends.
How to Delete Venmo Friends
Adding enough friends on Venmo is one such interesting activity to enjoy the beauty of this money payment app. Users tend to add their friends to explore the interesting features of Venmo, such as sending and receiving money. Apart from this, Venmo also has a social communication feature with which users can engage in useful conversations.
However, a user may mistakenly add some friends on Venmo, or some activities of some friends on one’s list can cause the user to remove them from their friend list.
Below are steps to remove friends on Venmo.
- Open the Venmo app on your device.
- Then type the person’s name and find the friend you want to remove in the search bar.
- At this stage, tap on the friend’s profile.
- Finally, you tap on the Friends checkmark and select “Unfriend.”
- The friend will be automatically removed from your list of friends.
Alternatively, remove friends on Venmo when you are accessing the app on your laptop or
desktop. This takes place within your web browser.
- Firstly, open your internet browser and navigate to the Venmo website.
- Secondly, search for and open the profile you have decided to remove.
- Thirdly, click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the visual display unit and select “Remove as Friend.”
- Finally, you agree to remove the contact from your Friends List.
Although you have successfully removed the user from your friend’s list, They can still monitor your activities on the app, so you decide to block them from seeing your activities on Venmo.
Blocking Someone on Venmo
Below are the steps to block someone on Venmo.
- Firstly, open the Venmo app on your device.
- Secondly, you tap the Menu icon and then select “Search.”
- People” to locate the friend you wish to block.
- Thirdly, open their profile and gently tap on the three dots at the top-right of the screen.
- You then carefully select “Block” from the menu.
- Finally, you confirm your decision to permanently block that user.
How to Stop a Random Venmo Request
A user may decide to stop a random or frequent request on Venmo by following the following steps:
If someone sends you a request, you can choose to decline or accept it.
For a request to be declined:
- First, open the request notification.
- Then tap on “Decline.”
However, if you decide to report the user, then open the request notification and tap on “Report.”
How to Keep Your Venmo Account Private
Maintaining your privacy on Venmo is an important thing that a lot of Venmo users are doing right now. As a Venmo user, you can choose between public, friends-only, or private privacy settings on the app.
To keep your settings private, kindly abide by these instructions.
- Firstly, open the Venmo app on your device.
- Secondly, tap on the menu and select “Settings” as an option.
- Thirdly, tap on “Privacy” on your screen.
- At this stage, you choose “Private” as an option.
- As you keep on doing this, your privacy settings will be saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Venmo account be deleted?
Yes, you can successfully delete your Venmo accounts. If you want to delete an account,
- First, open the app and go to Settings.
- Then navigate to the account.
- and delete the account.
Can users delete their Venmo account and create another?
Yes! Make sure that the money in your account is withdrawn or transferred to your bank account. After you delete the account and create a new one if you wish to do so, maybe by using a different telephone number,
How to Send Money to Someone Who Isn’t in Your Contacts
If you don’t have the contact details of the person, that is, his phone number or email address, then search for them and finally click on “Send money” on the screen.
Can I see my friends’ Venmo transactions?
Yes! All transactions that are carried out on Venmo will appear in your feed as well as the senders or the receivers.
Can anyone see private Venmo transactions?
Yes! By default, transactions on Venmo can be seen by friends. However, the sender and receiver can choose to make their transactions anonymous or private.
Venmo has grown in popularity and trust recently, and more people are resorting to this app for such purposes. Every day, more people join as users.
However, some users are also making decisions to remove friends that they mistakenly added or those that they think are performing fraudulent and dubious acts on the app from their friends list. Most users are having problems trying to delete friends on Venmo. The above article, if properly read and followed, can help users delete, block, and abide by their privacy settings. Enjoy using Venmo and stay blessed.