Venmo is a mobile payment service that enables users to transfer funds to others instantly through their mobile devices. This app has become a household name due to its convenience, speed, and flexibility. With Venmo, you do not have to worry about carrying cash, writing checks, or going to your ATM because you can send and receive money from anywhere. Nevertheless, some still wonder if having multiple Venmo accounts is possible. This guide comprehensively provides a detailed guide on setting up multiple Venmo accounts.
Can you have multiple Venmo accounts?
Yes and no. One cannot have multiple personal or business accounts on Venmo, and Venmo’s policy prohibits creating multiple personal or business accounts. This policy aims to prevent fraud and protect the privacy of Venmo users.
You can only have one personal account on Venmo that is tied to your name, phone number, and email. Similarly, you can only have one business account on Venmo that is associated with your business name, phone number, and email.
You can create a Venmo business account on the app, but there are conditions and associated fees. Your business account must be linked to a physical or virtual storefront, and you must pay a 1.9%+$0.10 fee on every transaction received using the account. Although this fee is lower than other payment processing services, it still increases over time.
How to make a second Venmo account
If you need to create a second Venmo account for business purposes, you can create a Venmo business profile. Here’s how:
- First, sign in to your Venmo account (if you have one already)
- Then, open your settings tab on the top right of the “Me” screen
- Tap “Create Business Profile.”
- Tap “Create your profile.”
- You will be prompted to add your SSN or business EIN.
- Key in your business name and username.
Once you have successfully set up your Venmo business account, you can receive payments for goods and services sold.
How to create a second Venmo account with the same phone number.
There’s no need to have a new phone number or email address with your second Venmo account; either way, you can only use your phone number for one of the accounts. However, Venmo allows users to have personal and business accounts using the same phone number as long as they are associated with different email addresses. This means you can only use one phone number for personal and business accounts when setting up multiple Venmo accounts.
There is no requirement to connect them to distinct bank accounts; you can employ the same bank for both Venmo accounts. Nonetheless, the maximum limit is two users.
How to set up a second Venmo account with a different bank account.
Can you have two Venmo accounts with different bank accounts? Absolutely! You can have two Venmo accounts using a separate or similar bank account. Here’s how to set up two Venmo accounts with different bank accounts:
- Open the Venmo app
- Tap the three stacked lines icon-top-left corner
- Select “Payment Methods.”
- Tap “Add Bank or Card…”
- Add a new payment method to your account.
- Tap “Bank.”
- Up to two different Venmo accounts can add a single bank.
- Choose your preferred method for adding your bank account: “Instant” (leading you to sign in to your bank account) or “Manually” (requiring you to enter your bank account’s routing and account numbers).
- Follow the on-screen prompts
It is important to note that Venmo may need to verify your bank account, which may take a few days. Once verified, you can use your new Venmo account to make and receive payments.
Best Practices for Managing Multiple Venmo Accounts
Managing multiple Venmo accounts can be challenging, especially if you manage accounts for other people. However, there are best tips that can help simplify the process:
- Keep track of each account: Have a detailed record, including usernames, passwords, and linked bank accounts or credit cards.
- Use separate devices: It is recommended to use separate devices for each Venmo account, such as different phones or tablets, to avoid confusion between the accounts.
- Set clear guidelines: Establish clear guidelines and expectations, such as what types of transactions the account should be used for, how much money can be transferred, and how often the account should be checked.
- Secure each account: To ensure the security of each account, enable two-factor authentication and only log in on secure networks.
- Keep accurate records: It is vital to keep accurate records of all transactions and account balances, which can be easily done by maintaining a spreadsheet or using accounting software.
Can I have a joint Venmo account?
Yes, you and another person can have a joint Venmo account. Venmo offers a “Joint Accounts” feature that allows two individuals to pool their funds and use them collectively. This feature is handy for couples, roommates, and families who wish to manage their finances together.
With a joint Venmo Account, partners can seamlessly split bills, pay rent, or share expenses. All transactions and balances are visible to both parties, making it easier to keep track of finances in real time. Additionally, the app allows you to set spending limits, add bank accounts or credit cards, and customize your privacy settings to suit your needs.
Can you have two usernames on Venmo?
Absolutely Yes, Venmo service allows users to create or have two usernames. One for personal and the other for business purposes.
Can you have two Venmo accounts with the same bank account?
Yes, you can have 2 Venmo accounts with the same bank account you have already linked to the other Venmo account with no issues especially if you share banking information with your family member.
While creating multiple personal or business Venmo accounts is impossible, you can have a personal and a business account, which is helpful if you want to separate your finances. You can also create a second business account but remember that every business account comes with a transaction fee, so it is essential to consider if you truly need multiple business profiles.
Additionally, if you want to have a second personal account, you can create one using a different bank account or link it to the same bank account as your first account. Remember that you cannot have more than two Venmo accounts or link multiple phone numbers to the same account. Following these guidelines, you can create a second Venmo account and manage your finances more effectively.