Venmo is an excellent and popular peer-to-peer money payment app that is being used in the USA and its territories. The sender and the receiver have to sign up for free accounts to enable the transaction to work effectively. Friends, families, and business operators rely heavily on this app to send and receive money. Venmo has some social features that allow communications to be exchanged among friends, family members, and business associates.
Users can add and remove friends. It also has some privacy policies that can enable users to hide their transactions from some particular users. With enough funds in their Venmo accounts users can easily make payments using their balance. This step-by-step article will enlighten users and the general public on how to pay with their Venmo balance and reasons why they can’t pay with Venmo balance.
Can you pay with a Venmo balance?
Yes, you can make payments with your Venmo balance just like Paypal once you have enough available balance in your account to cover the cost of the goods or services you looking to pay and there are no restrictions.
Adding Money to Venmo
Venmo users can easily add money from their bank account directly to their Venmo balance if they possess Venmo Debit Cards. Possession of the Venmo Debit Card can allow users to purchase items or make payments easily from their Venmo balance.
How To Add Money To Your Venmo Balance
Below are the steps to be taken by Venmo Debit Card Holders to add money to their Venmo balance.
- First, open the Venmo app
- Then, navigate directly to the “Me” tab on the far right-hand corner of the screen.
- Then in the wallet section select ’’Manage Balance’’ on your Venmo balance.
- Here, you enter the amount you would like to transfer or send and eventually tap on Next.
- You then confirm your bank account and the transfer amount and click on ‘’Add now’’.
How To Pay With Venmo Balance
Obviously, it is not necessary to have cash in your Venmo balance to make payments whiles using the app but having enough Venmo balance will prevent you from facing any difficulty without resorting to your bank account. The following steps will show you how to pay with the balance in your Venmo account:
- Open the app and log in.
- Click on the ‘’V’’ icon which is situated in the bottom middle of the app.
- In the search bar, search for the user you want to pay by their name, username, phone number, or email address.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and the payment note should be filled.
- Tab on the ‘’Pay’’ or “Send” button. This will automatically work if everything is normal and you have enough balance. However, if your Venmo balance is not enough then you will have to resort to the money in your bank account.
Sending and Requesting Money with Venmo
For a user to send or request money on Venmo
- Firstly, click on Pay/Request as shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Then search and add the person you want to pay or request money from.
- Thirdly, you add the amount and a note to it.
- Finally, you click on Pay or Request.
What To Do When Venmo Payment Declined?
There are instances when a “payment declined” message is encountered. When this notification is seen then obviously there are some reasons for its occurring. So users should therefore stay cool and identify why it occurred that way.
Normally Venmo will explain why it happened that way in an email that will be sent to you. At times this is witnessed when an account is frozen. Alternatively, if you don’t have enough money in your bank account or enough Venmo balance your payment will be declined.
If a user exceeds his daily limit of payment this can easily happen, normally it is thirty transactions per day and till a user’s identity is verified, exceeding a weekly limit will cause a user to experience this. It is therefore advisable to get enough funds in your account or Venmo balance not to experience this.
Why Can’t I Pay With My Venmo Balance?
As a requirement to use Venmo, the user’s identity should be verified. If the user’s identity is not verified then they can’t pay with their Venmo balance.
Follow these steps to Identify Your Identity on Venmo
Venmo verifies the user’s identity using the following means.
- First, open the Venmo app and go straight to ‘’Me’’ on the far right.
- Second, click on ‘’Settings’’ in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to ’’Security’’ where you will recognIzsed ‘’Identity Verification’’
- Venmo verifies users using their US home address, name, date of birth, Individual Taxpayer Identification or Social Security Number.
Note: If you can’t make a payment with your Venmo balance, make use you have verified your account with them and contact the support team if you did but are still unable to make the payment your Venmo balance for further assistance.
Transferring Venmo Balance To Your Bank Account
Venmo has made it possible to transfer your Venmo balance to your bank account. You can opt-in for the Standard or the Instant method. Users have to go to the ‘’Me’’ tab on Venmo and click on the ‘’Transfer Money’’ button under Wallet and follow the steps below to carry out the transaction.
First, the user has to enter or fill in the amount they want to send to the bank account. Second, click on ‘’Instant” or “1-3 Biz Days’’ and carefully choose the bank account or debit card. Users should note that with the ’Instant’’ method, a fee of 1.75% (max $25) is charged whilst the ‘’1-3 Biz Days’’ doesn’t come with any charges.
Can I Pay Someone on Venmo Without an Account
Yes, you can pay someone on Venmo without an account. The person receiving the money and you have to register for free accounts and from that stage, you can transfer cash using someone’s email address and phone number. You also have the opportunity to link your own credit card, debit card, or bank account to cater for the cash.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does Venmo work?
Before using Venmo, the app should be downloaded and installed on your device. The app is multiple platforms friendly and thus can support the IOS and the Android platform as well. Secondly, an account should be created linking it to a bank account.
Also, it should be noted that Venmo can also be signed up from a computer. The bank account used too should be verified. The creation of the account allows the user to go through a process for their identity to be verified. A user’s email address and phone number should be verified. Without this, the account will be invalid. At this juncture or stage, the user can transfer or receive money from friends, family members, and business associates.
Paying Multiple People at Once
In order to pay different people at the same time the user needs to add the people as recipients before embarking on the payment.
Below are the steps to take to make the payment.
- First, click on the Pay/Request button at the bottom of your screen.
- Second, you search for the name of the intended first recipient.
- Third, next to the person who is to receive the money, click on the plus icon (+)
- Fourth, you carefully search for the names of the remaining people to be paid.
- Fifth, click on ‘’Next’’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Sixth, fill in the amount of cash you want to pay each recipient and a payment note as well.
- Finally, you tap on ‘’Pay or ‘’Request’’
Where can you pay with your Venmo balance?
You can make payments with your Venmo balance anywhere Mastercard is accepted in the United States by using your Venmo Debit Card at places like gas stations, Walmart, CVS, Target, and many more.
Is it Compulsory to Add Money to Venmo to Pay a Recipient?
No, it is not necessary to add money to Venmo to make pay someone. A user needs to check the bottom of the screen where all payment details are registered to see the best payment method to use if they are not all that sure of the payment method to adopt for a particular payment.
Having a Problem Splitting a Payment Request
A user needs to clarify or edit the total or the separate amounts to ensure there is a correct distribution intended for each recipient.
Make sure the individual amounts correspond to the sum total. If not then the user should continue to do the correct editing.
How Safe is Venmo?
The use of Venmo is very safe as they use encryption to ensure that transactions on the platform are highly secured. Also one can easily verify the name and the picture of the person that their sending money to thereby preventing any doubts.
As an add-on security measure, you might be asked to verify and confirm the last four digits of the person that you are sending the money to if it is your first time of paying them. You can also opt-in for Venmo’s privacy settings if you want to deter some users from seeing your activities or transactions online.
A user can select any of the three settings below:
- Friends: This is intended for the sender, recipient, and their friends on Venmo to see the transaction.
- Public: It is intended for all those on the platform to see their transaction.
- Private: Only the user and the recipient can see their transaction.
As society becomes dynamic and digitization keeps on transforming the world, Venmo a peer-to-peer money payment app has come to stay in The USA and its territories. Venmo has completely transformed money paying and receiving among friends, families, and business operators in The USA and its territories. Its flexible, simple, and admirable nature makes transactions on this app superb. This article explored and answered the question ‘’Can you pay with your Venmo balance?’’ Hope you have enjoyed reading it. Stay blessed and continue experiencing this popular and interesting app, Venmo.